A big welcome to new visitors to my blog, especially if you have arrived via Chloe's blog. This week I have been privileged to take part in a Blog Hop with 24 other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from Australia and New Zealand, showcasing the products you can earn for free during Sale-a-bration, which runs from Jan 22nd to March 22nd 2013. See my earlier blog post about Sale-a-bration to find out how you can earn exclusive free prouducts by shopping, hosting or joining!
My focus this year is to get back into my scrapbooking, so for this project I have chosen to do some scrapbook layouts. Because this is a slightly larger project, I have also used some of the new goodies from the Autumn Mini Catalogue which starts next week, so I hope you enjoy this sneak-peek of what's coming on February 1st.
What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators.
We so love what we do, and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.
So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.
So now, onto my projects. This first was a real challenge for me to use a colour that is a bit outside my comfort zone! The paper is from the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper pack that you can earn for free. I have used splashes of Pool Party to soften the Tangerine Tango, and I think the combination with Whisper White really works. I have used buttons and ribbon from the Sycamore St bundle as well, and the stampset with the bird, flower, leaf, butterfly and the "so glad we're here for each other" greeting is called Bloomin Marvelous. If you look closely you'll also see that I've used the new Petite Curly Label Punch on the labels for my sister and myself on the bottom right.
Did you spot the sneak-peek products? The cute wee paper doilies, oval Framelits, the Needlepoint Border embossing folder edging and a couple of little hearts from the More Amore bundle are all coming on 1st February.
Next is a double-page layout using the 12x12" divided page protectors from the main catalogue. You can click on any picture to see it larger.
Again I have used the Sycamore St DSP, buttons and ribbon; and matching cardstock and ink in Pool Party, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Summer Starfruit, and you may even spot where I have used Calypso Coral in place of Tangerine Tango, as it also makes a good match. A couple of the panels are embossed with the Vine St Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and the "Celebrate" greeting is from Feeling Sentimental - a set which I am madly in love with, but have yet to complete a full layout with.
On the close-up in the 4th photo you can see that I have again used the Petite Curly Label Punch with the matching stampset, Pretty Petites.
Sneak-peek products from the Autumn Mini include the wee tickets from That's The Ticket and pinwheels cut with the new Sizzlits Pinwheel die.
I wasn't going to include this last layout because it uses a couple of retired products, but I decided in the end to let you have a quick look and just point out that I have used the retired Alphabet Sizzlits dies for my heading, and a couple of sneaky retired brads as well.
Thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoyed looking at my projects - I would LOVE it if you left a comment if you did!
Your next stop on this Hop is Rochelle, but you will find below a complete list of Blog Hop participants:
1. Chloe Evans: http://chloscraftcloset.blogspot.com
2. Emily Campbell: www.tinykiwicards.blogspot.com <---- YOU ARE HERE
3. Rochelle Blok: http://rochelleblok.blogspot.com.au/
4. Jenny Humphreys: http://stampinbytheseatofmypants.blogspot.com
5. Andrea Buckland: www.creatingcardswithandrea.blogspot.co.nz/
6. Ann Gerlach: www.discoversu.com
7. jenny Hayward: www.astampingjourney.wordpress.com
8. Anna Mathieson: www.stampwithanna.com
9. Bron Heslop: www.bronheslop.wordpress.com
10. Debbie Spijers: www.atimetostamp.com
11. Pauline Bennetts: www.paulinebennetts.com/stampede
12. Kristina Collett: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/kristinacollett/blog
13. Nikki Sadler: www.inkyart.com.au
14. Jane Norrish: www.janenorrish.com
15. Christie Kunkel: www.christiescreativecorner.blogspot.com
16. Monique Fielder: www.stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com.au
17. Elisabeth Stewart: www.elisabethstewart.com
18. Tayna Bell: www.stampingt.com.au
19. Gail Kirby: www.stampwithgail.blogspot.com
20. Michelle Grech: www.stampmeshell.wordpress.com
21. Narelle Fasulo: www.simplystampinwithnarelle.blogspot.com.au
22. Juliette Chapman: www.juleskraftikrafts.blogspot.com
23. Rebecca Scurr: www.stampinwithrebecca.wordpress.com
24. Keryn Campbell: www.kerynscards.blogspot.com
25. Narelle Hoggard: www.handmadebynarelle.wordpress.com