Ninja Turtle card-in-a-box

There is a certain little boy turning 7 soon who I know is getting Ninja Turtle Lego for his birthday, so when I saw a Ninja Turtle card made by another demonstrator, Jacqueline Rossell, I decided I needed to create a version of my own to go with the Lego gift.


I started off by following Jacqueline's instructions for the turtles heads and masks - she used the 1 3/8" Circle punch and the Large Oval to make the faces, but since I don't have the 1 3/8" punch I used the 3rd smallest of the Circles Collection Framelits instead.  The circle is cut in half and makes 2 heads.  The turtles are cut from outgoing Gumball Green cardstock, sponged in the same colour on the edges, and the mask colours are Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Marina Mist and Rich Razzleberry.  The eyes are the retired Googly Eyes from the Halloween suite in 2012.

I then decided that instead of a flat card, I wanted to do a Box-card since the birthday boy is the brother of the recipient of my Pirate Box-Card in February.  I made the base with Crumb Cake cardstock and decorated it with the spotty Gumball Green piece from Epic Day around the base, and on the flaps is the spotty Crumb Cake pattern from the retired Season Of Style paper stack from last Christmas. 

I attached the 4 turtles to the box-card and then spent some time wondering what on earth to fill in the "blank spaces" with since I didn't want to use their weapons as embellishments.  I did some googling for inspiration and found this picture:
 

I decided that Pizzas would be perfect, and set about to copy this design but in a much smaller scale.  I used the 3/4" Circle punch in Pumpkin Pie cardstock and went around the edge with the Tangerine Tango marker to create the sauce.  Then I used Crumb Cake again to cut the smallest Framelit in the Circles Collection and mounted it to the pizza base, and then I used markers to draw on the toppings, and my Paper Snips to cut out one segment.


I love how it all turned out!

Comments

Post a Comment