Minecraft "Steve" card

Well, this poor wee blog of mine has been neglected for a while, and I'm really sorry about that.  The good news is, I'm still here and I have some new projects to share this week, so look out from some more posts from me soon.



First I thought I'd start by sharing this amazing (if I do say so myself) Minecraft pop-up card that I gave my daughter for her 7th birthday yesterday.  This card was a big hit with my 5 and 8 year olds as well, we are a bit of a Minecraft household at the moment!





The Pop n Cuts dies from Karen Burniston have of course retired from the Stampin' Up! line, but I have held onto mine as they are fabulous and so versatile.  The base is the Pop n Cuts die, and I used the Dress Form insert for the inside.  For my Steve, I found a picture on the Internet and traced him onto baking paper and a sharpie, keeping him the right size and proportions to fix on top of my dress form.  Making him from punch art was going to be super fiddly, so I have just drawn him from my template onto thick Whisper White cardstock, drawn a black sharpie outline, and coloured him in with my Stampin' Write Markers, keeping with the block theme.  I think he looks pretty good!






I then pondered what Steve's bedroom would look like, and used the woodgrain background stamp to turn the side and top of the 'pop-up' part into Steve's bed, complete with red blanket and white pillows.  Behind his head is a window, again using that wood grain texture, and a cloudy blue sky outside.





The front of the card is a direct CASE from Carolyn Bennie, I just loved her Creeper card so I copied without any changes, except to the size of my card front, and I have used Mossy Meadow as my base colour.  I used the brick embossing folder to make a wall for our Creeper to bash through, and all his little pieces are fussy cut and sponged.  I love the 3D feel, and was really pleased with how it came together.






Miss 7 was really pleased too!

Comments