Foxy Friends

I've had a week with no internet, which has been quite hard!  The diggers came last Monday to dig up our drains and managed to hit both our water mains and our fibre phone/internet lines, and due to the nature of the fibre connections, it took a whole week to get repaired!  It's been raining most of the week as well, so we have to traverse through a mud-bath to get in and out of our house each day, its not the best time of year to be undertaking earthworks in your front yard!!!  But the good news is that they've finished, we're back online and the concrete layers are here today prepping up to pour concrete once we have passed the next inspection and the weather is fine enough.




So while I was offline, I had really wanted to upload some projects for my Foxy Friends class I held on Friday night.  I had 8 lovely stampers come along for the evening, half were new and half were experienced, so I split them into two groups.  Everybody made the same Pop of Paradise card and then I had two options for the Foxy Friends card for them to choose from.   As it was my new Catalouge reveal party as well, we started off with a fun Treasure Hunt through the Catalogue, where I pointed out some new products and bundles I wanted them to see, and the winner won a sampler of the gorgeous papers in the Serene Scenery paper stack.

Here is the Pop of Paradise card, its a nice straight-forward collage with lots of fussy-cutting (I wish I had more than 3 pairs of our paper snips in this class-sharing situation!) and it introduces a couple of our gorgeous new In-Colours, Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy.  I also used Cucumer Crush for the lighter leaf and Crushed Curry for the pineapple.   This card design is a modified version of one I had seen online, but I am sorry to say I did not note down who to give the credit to.




Next was my headliner, Mr Fox!   I wanted everyone to have a good chance to play around with the components of the stamp and punch bundle.  I prepared a sampler showing several of the different animals that you can make with it, and I showed them a template that I saw on QBee's youtube video where she shows how to use a 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" strip of whisper white cardstock to stamp the body, face and tail of your chosen animal and punch it all off the one strip with no wastage or damage to your stamped images.  I wrote the instructions on the back telling them which colour ink was used, and which extra pieces they would need. 
 



Here is the first card I showed - Mr & Mrs Fox, also showcasing the Foxy Friends Designer Series Paper Stack:

And here was the second choice - a card in a box which was very popular and I ended up selling this sample to a customer as well for a new baby in her family.

 


So all in all, we had a fun night!  There are so many great products in this new catalogue, the hardest part is narrowing down which ones to showcase! 


Comments