Display Stamper OnStage Auckland 2018 - New Catalogue sneak peeks





Welcome, if you have arrived here from Kristel Rimmer's blog.  I was very VERY excited to be asked to be a Display Stamper again for OnStage Auckland (I was also fortunate to do it 2 years ago).  Opening the Big Brown Box filled with goodies is an exciting moment, seeing new products, speculating on new colours, and trying to work out which products go together.  It was also a little different this time round, with no Carryover list provided, which made it a bit of a gamble when choosing supplementary products to use, and also no guidance on whether there would be a colour refresh.  So there some challenging aspects, but overall this was a wonderful experience that I was honored to be able to participate in. 


I took a photo of my completed Display Board right at the beginning of the day, you can see it here:




I received a package of Coloured Doilies to use, there were 4 colours in all, and there was only 1 colour that I could identify!!  I now know that the colours are Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo and Grapefruit Grove.  However at the time of creation, I couldn't be sure whether it was Coastal Cabana or not and Emma and Donna were both keeping their lips sealed, so to be safe I created my first sample in both Old Olive and Coastal Cabana... I was SO stoked to find out I could use the Coastal Cabana card in my display after all!!  Love love love that colour, and am so happy to see it back.  I added this card to the board after the photo above was taken.


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana
Stampset:  Varied Vases
Embossing Folder: Tufted
Accessories:  Petal Pink Metallic Ribbon; Coastal Cabana Coloured Doily

Here is the same doily used on another card, also with Varied Vases flowers as the focus, this time with the vases coloured with Blends to look like they are filled with water.

NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampsets:  Varied Vases, Around the Corner
Accessories:  Coastal Cabana Coloured Doily


You may or may not know that Coastal Cabana is my favourite colour in the universe, so I used it a few times!  Here it is again, this time on a textured background thanks to the embossing paste sponged in Pool Party and on a Pool Party card base.  I've done some layering here, I'm sure Shelli would be proud. 



NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Detailed with Love
Accessories: Coastal Cabana Coloured Doily, So Saffron Blossoms Elements
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

Okay, lets talk about that die for a second.  It comes as a 3-pack of Thinlits, featuring the large floral arrangement, a single flower, and a butterfly.  It is just LOVELY.  You'll want to use your Precision plate with this set.  For the card above, I simply cut the individual rose from the larger arrangement.  Lets take a look at it.

This is the full die, cut from the new Rose Glimmer paper.  I used a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to stick this down, since it is so intricate.  I've simply stuck the die directly onto my mat, to allow it to be the focal element.  The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals and has the matching Rose Metallic Thread looped behind it.

 
NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Detailed with Love
Accessories: Rose Metallic Thread, Rose Glimmer Paper
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

This next card is very similar at first glance, but this one is a gate fold, created by placing my cutting plate so that it doesn't make the final cut so that the floral piece folds out to the left.  I was unlucky with the Pink Pirouette base on this one!

NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Detailed with Love
Accessories: Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

Now lets look at the butterfly!  I have actually used it as a stencil for the embossing paste on this card, and then used Wink of Stella to make it sparkle.  The background is a watercolour wash with Pool Party ink on shimmer paper, on a Pool Party base, and the butterfly is on Lemon Lime Twist cartstock.  The Celebrate is cut from watercolour paper that I had made a rainbow background with my aqua painter on and let it dry overnight before cutting - unfortunately I used Tempting Turquoise for the blue, but there are lots of lovely new blues we could substitue here.  The butterflies body has some new Petal Pink Rhinstone Gems, and his antennae are from Rose Metallic thread.

NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Accessories: Rose Metallic Thread, Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

OK, here is another butterfly card, this time I cut it with vellum and coloured on the back with Blends.  I've gone all Rainbow themed again, this time its Pink Pirouette that is a retiring colour.


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Around the Corner
Accessories: Rose Metallic Thread, Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

This is one more card using some cut-outs from the floral die,  and I've done a lot of layering and textures again, staring with the Champagne Foil mat, embossed with the Tufted folder.  It is GORGEOUS right!!!!


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Varied Vases
DSP: Garden Impressions
Embossing Folder: Tufted
Accessories: Rose Metallic Thread, Petal Pink Metallic ribbon, Calypso Coral and Powder Pink Blossoms Elements
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

Here's another, slightly different version:


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Detailed with Love
Embossing folder: Tufted
DSP:  Garden Impressions
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

Here is another glimpse at the DSP, I've fussy cut some flowers from one of the pages in the paper stack, and then discovered at OnStage that there is actually a stampset that could create a very similar element.  I have done a watercolour wash in Melon Mambo, since I didn't have any Petal Pink ink, but I think it nicely draws out the colour from the flowers anyway.


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Accessories: Rose Metallic Thread, Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems, Rose Glimmer Paper
DSP: Garden Impressions
Thinlits:  Springtime Impressions

This card shows a couple of different ways to use the Around the Corner stampset.  First I've used it to create a fun border on the bottom layer, and then I've done a monotone Pool Party on Pool Party layer to create a fun floral background pattern, with some stamps in full strength, and some stamped off. 


NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Around the Corner

This next one was fun to make!  I created an Emboss Resist background using the floral pieces from Detailed with Love, stamped in Versamark on my Whisper White card, and heat embossed with White embossing powder.  Then I sponged with daubers to get the rainbow effect.  After all that, I decided it was a bit toooooo bright, so I used White Kraft ink to do a bokeh overlay, with a simple, solid sentiment and a double-bow to finish.

NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Detailed with Love
Accessories: Shaded Spruce Metallic Ribbon

Last but certainly not least for my cards, is this beauty from Varied Vases.  Can I just say that I had no idea there was a punch until OnStage on Saturday, so these are fussy cut.  I again heat-embossed with Whisper White straight onto my Crumb Case layer, and coloured in with my 2017-19 markers.  I used a Crumb Cake Blend to make the shading under the vases, which are popped up on Dimensionals.

NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Varied Vases
Accessories: Shaded Spruce Metallic Ribbon

Now, I did also make some 3D items and a 12x12" scrapbook layout which I have now given to Emma to use for a display in her office!  I didn't get any nice photos before I did this, so I will add what I can over the next few days. 

I did keep this mini-album though, commemorating my 40th birthday celebrations.  Due to the event restrictions, I have only used photos of my immediate family, but rest assured it was a great celebration with lots of friends and family to celebrate with me!  The album is made from a single piece of 12x12 cardstock, and I apologise that I didn't write down the name of the person whose tutorial I followed, I will endeavour to find this information for you soon.



NEW PRODUCTS USED:

Stampset:  Around the Corner, Detailed with Love
Accessories: Petal Pink Metallic Ribbon, Petal Pink Rhinestone Gemss , Grapefruit Grove Coloured Doily
DSP:  Garden Impressions
 
I hope you've enjoyed this sneak-peek; the new catalogue is just beautiful and I'm sure we all have a Wishlist a mile long already.  Thanks for stopping by!

NEXT you will be enjoying Kim Olivers lovely creations:
 
https://kocreationscards.blogspot.com/2018/04/onstage-april-2018-presenter-and.html

Comments

  1. what a beautiful collection of projects, Emily. Congrats on being a display stamper. Thanks for sharing them so we can all see.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a pretty display board Emily. Love all your samples!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely projects Emily it is wonderful to see all the different takes on the same sets so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore what you did with the varied Vases, especially the bright version. A fabulous display and now I've added the tufted embossing folder to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rose and Butterfly, you are so talented, amazing samples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, very pretty creations, Emily. Love your beautiful Display Board and all the lovely projects you have created. I absolutely adore those multi coloured butterflies and the diversity of your samples. Well Done. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so gorgeous but I particularly love the rainbow butterfly. I'm going to have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty board, Emily. I'm glad I got to see it in person. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment