Oval Framelits scalloped Easel Card

Some of my Stamp Club ladies are now into their 4th year as members, so I always try to show them a new technique and/or product so that they can keep expanding their repertoire (and don't get bored and stop coming back!!!).  We already decided that in April we're making the Wreath from the Burlap and Blooms kit, which means that this week when we have our March class, we have to tackle both Mothers Day and Easter.  I showed you two of my Punch Art bunnies last week, and today I've finalised the Mothers Day card so that I can start putting the kits together tonight.  I wanted to do an Easel card using some Framelits, so I got myself lost on Pinterest for a while and eventually settled on the Scalloped Oval and found this tutorial for some measurements. 

With Sale-a-bration coming to a close, I also wanted to show off a couple of the SAB products, a last hurrah you could say!  My favourite pattern from the Sweet Sorbet DSP, and seemingly all of my Stamp Club girls as well since I hardly have any left, is this one:


So I decided we could make our own DSP, something we've not done in class before, and I got creative with the Petal Parade stampset and started playing with some fun colour combinations.  Finally, the Lattice Die is a new addition to my arsenal, so I wanted to use that as well.  I hope you like what I came up with! 




 
The colours are Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand.  I love the little pop of Coastal Cabana that I carried on with the bitty flowers and the twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessories pack, on top of my vellum tag (cut with the Angled Tag Topper punch of course!).  The greeting is from Delightful Dozen and is embossed in Melon Mambo. 
 
 
This is actually my second attempt at this card, the original one I made used Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding instead of Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana, but of course the tag was the last thing I made and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't get either the embossing powder or the twine to match.  So that one ended up being gold:
 
 
 
As there are two samples each for the Easter and Mothers Day cards, the ladies will get their choice on which two cards they'd like to make!  And all going well, they'll earn themselves a free Sale-a-bration set as well - Petal Parade perhaps?

Comments