Sparkly Snowglobe Shaker Card

Todays card is inspired by Justin Kreiger.  I loved his card that turned the Holiday Home scene into a Snowglobe shaker card, so decided to make a version of it - my daughters are obsessed with Snowglobes, so I thought they would enjoy this card.

 
My cardstock colours are Soft Sky, Cherry Cobbler and Lost Lagoon.  The images are stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, which was later coloured with Soft Sky ink with my Aqua Painter.  The two stampsets used are Holiday Home and Bright and Beautiful. 

To make the 'globe' I used the Circles Framelits to cut a negative in the Soft Sky cardfront, which then has a little pocket slipped behind it that contains the stamped image which is covered with a piece of Window Sheet taped down tight with sticky strip, with the sequins from the Project Life Seasonal Snapshot Accessory Kit tucked inside.  As you shake the card around, the sequins and snowflakes move around, but can't escape. 


The base of the Snowglobe is Whisper White, embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  The house is coloured with the Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers, to give the impression of darkness since it is nighttime, with Santa and his sleigh overhead.  This stampset is photopolymer, so I was able to bend it to match the curve of my globe.

I hope you've enjoyed this card!

Comments