2018 Occasions and SAB sneak peek

Somehow almost a year has passed since I have posted to this blog... It has been an extremely busy, tough year, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of 2018, not only for its fresh beginnings, but of course, all of the exciting new products that we have coming up.  I'm excited to share some samples with you from the upcoming 2018 Occassions and Sale-a-bration promotions.  I am using some of the products I received at OnStage in Auckland last month, as well as a few items that I have pre-ordered, these will all be available to order on January 3rd 2018.


Before I get to the new products, I am sharing the teacher-gifts that my girls are giving their amazing teachers tomorrow for the last day of school for 2017.  We are so lucky to have some incredible teachers at our school, so I hope our teachers enjoy these gift bags that are filled with delicious Lindt chocolates, and co-ordinating mini-pizza boxes, filled with 3x3" gift cards / tags that they can give to their loved ones this Christmas.





I love the touches of gold in these projects, especially the Season of Cheer washi tape, which I've wrapped around both the gift bag and the pizza box.


Now for the new stuff!  First up is a 12x12" scrapbook page of my lovely family at my littlest darlings 7th birthday last month, using the new Picture Perfect Party suite.  When I opened up the paper stack, I loved the colours and the mix of photo-realistic images and patterns, and I immediately knew I wanted to collage them as a background on a layout.  I cut the squares with the largest square from the Stitched Shapes dies and laid them out as a background.  The base is a Bermuda Bay piece from the Sale-a-bration DSP pack, Bubbles and Fizz.  I love that these two suites overlap so beautifully. 



I have then created a bulletin board as the feature, it really reminded me of my bedroom walls as a teenager.  I have layered two photos, with some embossed cardstock (the new Striped TIEF, I have used the debossed side) and some faux washi tape, a bulldog clip, some Lemon-Lime ribbon, a smattering of enamel dots from the Seasonal Snapshot suite in the annual catalogue (again, with the fabulous co-ordination) and some hidden journalling.


I used the Large Alphabet to spell out my LOVE title, and strung it into a banner with the mini silver sequin trim. 
 
I have also used the Picture Perfect Party suite to make one of the three cards I am going to show you today.  I've gone for three completely different techniques in the creation of these cards!


Let's go in order from left to right.  The first, quite frankly, I wish was a real crate of cold beer on this hot Summer evening!  I've used a lot of die-cutting on ths card, to create the 3D effect of the 6-pack of beer.  The crate from Wood Words was calling to me to be filled up with beersies from the Bubble Over bundle; I've just used the front panel of the crate, and portion of the sides so that it pops up from the card just a bit. 


I love the detail on the caps, these are cut from silver foil, the bottles have been mounted slightly offset and packed with dimensionals to create depth.


The inside of the card is decorated as well, of course.

 
My second card features the Bird Banter stampset, and a lot of colouring with the Blends alcohol markers.  I LOVE these pens, I'm not a master colourer by any stretch, but these are so easy and fun to use. I have created the background paper by stamping onto Whisper White cardstock, and the flowers are coloured with my Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry Blends.  I've borrowed from two annual catalogue sets to create the tropical garden background, and fluffed up a Powder Pink ribbon into a double-bow, rivalled only by a floating balloon.


 
Last but not least tonight, is the Picture Perfect card.  This is a very clean and simple layout, with a few sheets of layered DSP being the focal point, the vibrant and exciting colours really pop!  The ribbon is just gorgeous as an accent, and I have heat embossed the greeting in silver for a bit of sparkle to match the edging on the ribbon and the silver bow from the DSP.  This will be a great card to do in a class after the holidays.


I also used some of the DSP to decorate the envelope and the panel inside the card.  I can tell that this suite is going to be very popular.


I hope you have enjoyed these projects, I look forward to sharing these products with you in January.

Comments